Monday, January 7, 2013

Less is More 101

Just popping in with a couple of cards for Less is More 101.  I missed a lot of the challenges in December, and am determined to do better in January!  The theme is black and white with a touch of another color.

For my first card I stamped a flower from Hero Arts lotus leaves in Memento tuxedo black ink.  I matted the panel with a scrap of black paper and added a satiny ribbon in a beautiful maroon for my splash of color.  I finished it off with a sentiment from PTI communique curves.



I'm not as happy with my second card.  It was getting late and I rushed to finish.  I'll probably go back and rework this at some point.  Flowers from PTI floral frenzy are stamped on a die from Sizzlits decorative label set #4.  I added yellow flower centers and yellow brads for my touch of color.


Thanks for your visit today.

Ann

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

Well I think that they are both fab Ann... But the first one looks really opulent,
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous and perfect CAS cards as usual Ann! Nothing needs to be changed!
xx

shirley-bee said...

They're both great! I love the richness of the first card, and I like how you've pleated the ribbon. And I love those flowers with the yellow centres on your second card.

Lynn said...

Two gorgeous cards...I love the red on the first one...amazing!

Julie S said...

Beautiful cards. I really love the classy elegance of your birthday card.

Rosemary said...

both are lovely, ann, but for me the first one does have more of the "wow factor". love the way you pleated the ribbon!

Darnell said...

Great job, Ann, on both cards! I love both red with black and white and yellow with black and white. (I'm glad I'm not Chrissie this week! It's going to be hard to choose.)

Unknown said...

Fab card

Sheel
x

lostinpaper said...

Stunning cards Ann! I love the elegance of the B & W, especially with that gorgeous ruffled red ribbon!

Jen Nelson said...

i just love them, the top one is my favourite Ann

Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

Both gorgeous cards but my favourite is the black and red so eye catching!x

lin_ka1 said...


Very cool birthday card. Someone who gets it will be happy. And complete this card congratulates you idea.

Vicky Hayes said...

Happy new year to you Ann! Both your cards are great but I really love the first - the bold paper was a fantastic choice to pair with your elegantly folded red ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Both lovely cards ... the first is fantastic with that pleated ribbon and crisp stamping, and the second is gentle ... even down to the yellow! Anita :)