Monday, April 2, 2012

Less is More 61

I made this card for lucky dip week at Less is More.  The challenge is a photo inspiration and I was inspired by the lovely soft pinks and greens.  I masked the bottom of the card and gently sponged a  bit of light pink color.  

I used a new-to-me technique to stamp the flower and stem from the set Hero Arts real flowers.  I inked the flower with Color Box pink and then rock and rolled in VersaMagic perfect plumeria.  I spritzed the flower with water, stamped it off once on scrap paper, and then stamped on the card. I repeated this twice before doing the same with the stem using VersaMagic Niagara mist.  It gave the lovely soft, watercolor look that I wanted for this card.


When I peeled off the mask I wasn't happy with the crispness of my line.  I attempted to reapply the mask and sponge some more pink to even it out.  Bad idea!  I ended up adding a soft green ribbon to hide the mask line before stamping my sentiment in perfect plumeria.

Beautiful Inspiration
 


I've missed visiting your blogs this week as we were away for a lovely few days at an old lodge in the Quinault Rain Forest (temperate), which is just a few hours from our home.  We swam in the pool, hiked through the lush rainforest (in the rain!), played games, and stopped at beautiful Ruby Beach on the way home.  We enjoyed our few days away from TVs, computers, and even our telephones! Now I'm home and looking forward to catching up with you all. :)

Quinault Rainforest

Ruby Beach

Thanks for visiting today!

Ann

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous card and great stamping Ann!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, ann!! love the pictures of your trip! the quinault rainforest and the coast are such wonderful places to visit!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love your softly colored card! I haven't tried that rock and roll technique, never quite "got it." But looking at how you did it ... I think I get it and I'll have to try it.

Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures! We've spent many happy times up on the coast there. It's just breath-taking. How wonderful that you live so close!

G Peplow said...

Beautiful soft colours and images a lovely card Anne. Looks like a fabulous place to visit even in the rain and it does you good to get away from all the digi stuff. I'm glad you had a good time, Gay xx

Monica said...

So subtle...

Monica xxx

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Anne, I love the rock and roll effect on ths stamp. Great place to put the twine...I think it adds to the design, harsh line or not :0)
I enjoyed looking at your photos, what beautiful scenery.....getting away from the rat race is great for the mind isn't it!!
Jenny x

Mynn xx said...

Soooo pretty! LOVE the way you've used the ribbon to anchor your images! Fabulous! :)

Viv said...

Lovely card and soft colour stamping too, well done :) Viv xx

lostinpaper said...

Love the softs pinks in this pretty card! I really have to try this technique!

Mandi said...

Really lovely Ann, perfectly created for the inspiration

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"