Friday, March 2, 2012

One Layer Wednesday 81

I love the One-Layer Wednesday challenge at Styles Ink this week.  Make a one layer card using a cream card base, black ink, and just a hint of bling.  I think that's the perfect recipe for a beautiful card. :)

Sometimes I spend forever on one-layer cards, but this was one of those rare cards that just came together super fast.  I used a Close to My Heart set that I picked up at a friend's garage sale last summer.  The ink is Brilliance lightning black, so it has a fabulous shimmer to it that looks lovely against the cream base.  I added two little pearls for my bit of bling.




Please excuse the blurry pictures.  I'm going to have to see about setting up a light box of some kind to improve my photographs.  

Supplies:
Stamps: Close to My Heart Treasures
Paper: PTI vintage cream
Ink: Brilliance lightning black
Others: Recollections pearls

15 comments:

Rosemary said...

another beautiful card, ann!

Jenny said...

Just stunning, you always choose the perfect stamp/s for the OLW challenges. A light box will definitely help but I find white CAS cards are difficult to photograph in a tent anyway because the camera has trouble focusing on all that blank space :0(
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

Your photos look fine to me Ann and what a gorgeous design!

Unknown said...

beautiful! silhouette images are some of my favorite and you've made them stand out beautifully here. :)

i also have a lil blog award for you. come check it out! :)

Judy1223 said...

One layer PERFECTION! I agree, black and cream is a perfect card recipe, but you have put them togehter with such a lovely composition that you make it look easy (and its not!)!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! This stamps is gorgeous and the sentiment is wonderful, LOVE it!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this--and the bling centers are just the right amount of bling!!! This is amazing! :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

I really like this card, Ann, and I have that set. I happen to just notice that your card is perfect for the new Clean and Simple challenge.

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I love the sentiment! And that's just the perfect amount of bling - gorgeous!

Susan said...

Ann, I LOVE that sentiment! You've really created a beautiful card!!

Pauline said...

What lovely cards. Yes I agree cram and black are do elegant. TFS
hugs
Pauline H.

Arlene B. said...

Very pretty, you used one of my favourite stamps set.

Anonymous said...

Perfect as always Ann and your photos are just fine!
xx

Deborah Frings said...

This is beautiful! I love the images, but it's the sentiment that really caught my eye! Wonderful!

Bonnie said...

I love the sentiment and the pretty silhouette flowers! I think your pictures look fine.