Sunday, December 11, 2011

Less is More and CFC 31

The challenge at Less is More is to make a one-layer card with the theme 'Let it Snow.'  I combined it with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, 'In the Mist,' thinking that snowflakes and misting would go well together. 

I created a very subtle misted background using water with just a drop of two of acrylic paint added to it.  On the blue card I added clear rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes.  On the purple card I added some ultra-fine transparent glitter.







Neither the misting or the sparkle show up well in the photograph, as it was quite dreary here when taking these pictures.

Thanks for taking the time to visit during this busy time of year.  I've been behind in my commenting this week and hope to catch up in the next day or two.

Supplies:
Stamps: Martha Stewart, Hero Arts sentiment
Ink: Versamagic, Memento
Paper: PTI white
Other: transparent glitter, rhinestones, acrylic paint



25 comments:

Jenni's Jems said...

Enlarged the Photos and you can see the wonderful sparkly bits but really lovely stamping x

Rosemary said...

all three cards are simply perfect, ann!! but i think i like the blue one the best...

Colleen said...

Beautiful job!

Kim S said...

I love these! I cannot believe I held these snowflakes in my hand then decided to put them back - I LOVE what you have done with them!

G Peplow said...

Brilliant cards Anne, Love those beautiful snowflakes, Gay xxx

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Gorgeous! I am going to have to give that a try with the acrylic paint.

Chrissie said...

Wow, what a fabulous bunch of cards!
Gorgeous cards!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Laura Davis said...

Lovely!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Judy1223 said...

Oh, these are both lovely...can't decide if I like the blue or purple better...I love them both!

Heather T said...

These are gorgeous in all the colour schemes. A great CAS layout.

Marrigje said...

Beautiful cards you made. Lovely! I really love the colours you used.

Kathyk said...

Smashing cards - love those snowflakes

Kathyk

Gibmiss said...

Hello Anne
Fabulous snowflakes ...love them....Gorgeous cards ....
Hugs sylvie
xxx

Viv said...

Such lovely cards , well done :O) Viv xx

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful snowflakes, three lovely cards. xx

Mandi said...

Beautiful, superb stamps
Many thanks Ann
mandi LIM

Aileen said...

Lovely cards. I like seeing it in the other colours. x

Michelle said...

These are so beautiful,Ann! I love the layout!

Handmade with Love said...

Lovely touch to add the misting in the background and I love those snow flakes, they look so delicate! Great card. Tracey x

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely beautiful - lovely snowflake stamps, and I love the colours you've used. Really pretty cards!

Petra said...

Really nice cards, the stamps are beautiful!! I think the blue one is my favourite ;) Petra xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I can just see the misting Ann and I should think they look even better in real life! I think we're all struggling to keep up with commenting at this time of year!

Anonymous said...

These cards look absolutely fabulous I haven't seen these snowflake stamps before, aren't they funky! (I wish someone would invent a camera that could catch sparkle!)

Susan said...

I've not seen those snowflake stamps...but I LOVE them!! Beautiful cards....which we could see the sparkle..bet that's really fab!!

Julie said...

Beautiful and elegant! Love these!