Tuesday, September 27, 2011

PDCC100

The color challenge ending soon at PlayDate Cafe is yellow, orange, and green. I wanted to use these colors to make a sunflower card for my husband's grandmother's birthday. I always think of bright yellow when I think of her.


I used PTI simple sunflower, which I love. I inked the flower with yellow and then rock-n-rolled in orange. I masked the large flower before stamping the smaller one. Then I masked them both and stamped the leaves in green.



I wasn't thrilled with the vertical orientation of the card, so I made another one using a horizontal orientation. On this card I used brown for the flower centers, fussy cut them out, and popped them up on dimensionals. I like this one much better!



Supplies:
Paper: PTI
Stamps: PTI simple sunflower, PTI sentiments
Ink: Brilliance sunflower yellow, pearlescent rust, pearlescent ivy



5 comments:

Shobana said...

Lovely! :) Your fussy cutting is great! Like both the cards!
Was initially going to use the same image but did not have the time to fussy cut or die-cut the flower so made one simpler than this one! :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Sunflowers are perfect for these colors! This is a fabby CAS card. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ah, what a difference orientation and some fussy cutting can make! The second card REALLY rocks. I'm sure your grandmother-in-law will love this! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Jenny said...

I thought sunflowers when I saw those colours but have nothing like a sunflower in my stash :(
Love the cut and raised flowers the best :)
Jenny x

Judy1223 said...

Oh, I love your sunflower cards...especially the popped-up version! (I honestly like both, just nice to see two varieties!)