Sunday, September 11, 2011

Make-It-Monday 31

It's been quite a while since I've played along with Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge. The challenge this week was to use non-background stamps to create a background.

I used a couple of the smaller stamps from Mehndi Medallion to create a background for my first card. It is somewhat hard to see, but I stamped the sentiment over the larger medallion, which is stamped lightly in lavender. I love the look of this sentiment over that medallion, and I know I will be making a set of clean and simple cards in a variety of colors, with just this element surrounded by beautiful white space!



For my second card I used a small image from Damask Designs for the background. I wanted to try black on kraft, but I stamped the image off on paper first before stamping on the card base. I wanted a weathered look to it. I used some orange-red flowers from my stash to finish it off.



My cards usually have more white space than these do, but it was fun to play around with using small stamps to create backgrounds. I know I'll use this technique again.

Supplies:

Paper: PTI

Stamps: PTI Damask Designs, Mehndi Medllaion

Ink: Memento lulu lavender, sweet plum, lilac posies, Brilliance graphite black

Other: KaiserScrapbook flowers, Me & My Big Ideas rhinestones

1 comment:

Judy1223 said...

These cards are both gorgeous! What a clever way to use stamps to make backgrounds...very pretty!